There are fans out there that dream big, make outrageous bets on multiple eventualities and win big. More often than not, these bets are extremely difficult to pull off. Please read (and bet) with caution.
The list of most outrageous soccer bets placed and won include:
- Daman Chick bet £5 on Eder to score for Portugal against France in the Euro final in 2016. Not only that, Chick also bet on the exact minute (109th) that Eder would score the winning goal of the match. Chick only realized that he won three days after the finals because he forgot that he placed a bet. He won £1 million from a £5 bet.
- An anonymous bettor bet on a 14-game accumulator leading up to the 2001 Champions League finals played between Bayern Munich and Valencia. The other bets in the accumulator were on Leicester winning the Rugby union, 5 English league winners, 3 Scottish league winners, County winners, etc. He bet 30p against odds of 1,666,666/1. He managed to win £157,000.
- The same anonymous bettor discussed in number 2 is quite the punter. He had placed a similar series of accumulator bets in 1999 with the final bet on Manchester United to win the Champions League. A £2.50 bet fetched a neat £157,000.
- During the semifinal of the FIFA World Cup 2016, one bettor had placed a £20 bet on Germany to demolish Brazil (7-1) and Sami Khedira getting on the scoreboard. In a single game prediction that no one saw coming, this fan made £46,000.
- When Leicester lifted the English Title, it was a fairytale in the making. An event that will be spoken of in the years to come. Leicester was placed to win the title at 5000/1. Quite a few fans loyal fans bet on that rare eventuality. Leicester winning the title resulted in the greatest loss in any sports market in English history.