This is not a ranking of the Golden Glove, but goalkeepers ranked based on form, achievements and past performances. In 2017, we had some outstanding goalkeeping from several players across the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.
Top-10 Keepers In The World
Here is a list of the top-10 keepers in the world right now:
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich) – although last year’s number one shot-stopper has been out with injury for a long time, he is still currently the world’s number one keeper. His style of keeping and his trophies are testaments to that fact.
- Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus) – Buffon is the oldest keeper on this list. He was nominated for Ballon d’Or which keepers hardly ever get nominated for. He won the UEFA goalkeeper of the year in 2017 as well.
- Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea) – Chelsea’s number one won the Premier League this year and was part of a 13 game win streak. He has kept several clean sheets and helped Chelsea to the FA Cup Final. It’s left to see if he signs a new contract with Chelsea or will he be off to Madrid.
- De Gea (Manchester United) – De Gea may be fourth on this list, but after several top performances this season, he should be higher on the list. The only thing lacking for United are tier-1 trophies in the last couple of seasons (like CL or PL).
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid) – Oblak will be the next keeper for another top side soon. A team like PSG, Chelsea or Madrid. He has been Atletico’s savior on a number of occasions in the last year.
The next best 5 keepers that make up the list of top 10 keepers in the world include the following players:
- Hugo Lori (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Keylor Navas (Real Madrid)
- Ter Stegen (Barcelona)
- Donnarumma (Ac Milan)
- Ederson (Manchester City)
Deprecated: File Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /home/topsport/public_html/blog/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031